There’s nothing quite like a hot bowl of homemade ramen 🥢
With cold and flu season in full swing, it’s good to have a few easy recipes up your sleeve that have a rich, nourishing broth as the base. Broth can help your body replenish fluids and sodium levels that are often compromised when we fall ill. When made using fresh vegetables, broth is also an easy way for your body to digest helpful vitamins and nutrients and support overall gut health. 🌱
Combined with carrots, mushrooms, onions, and fresh herbs, this recipe is a go-to if you are under the weather, or simply to sustain the feeling of good health! ✨
Try it for yourself, and let us know how nourished you feel 💛
CBD Superfood Hempeh Ramen Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 carrots
- 5 small portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 1/2 package Smiling Hara Salt & Pepper Hempeh
- 1 container vegetable broth
- Slice onion, carrots, and mushrooms into thick slices.
- In a medium sized pot, combine onion and mushroom slices with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat, or until onions are translucent and somewhat soft.
- Add vegetable broth, carrot slices, and herbs. Increase heat until broth begins to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Slice hempeh into long, thick slices. Brown each side of the slice in a cast iron pan on medium heat.
- Remove slices from heat and chop into chunks.
- When carrots have become soft, add hempeh to the ramen and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add noodles until they are fully cooked, then serve immediately.