CBD Superfood Hempeh Salad
One of our core missions at @cbdsuperfood is to create recipes that can accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions.
Vegenaise and @cbdsuperfood Coconut Oilcombine to create a rich, creamy sauce for this vegan hempeh salad (a delicious replacement for chicken salad!), which features Salt & Pepper Hempeh from @eathempeh as its protein base. Cucumber cubes add a nice crunch, and dried cranberries add the perfect touch of sweetness to compliment all the salty flavor!
We decided to enjoy our hempeh salad simply as, well, a salad! But this recipe can also be spread on top of bread for a refreshing spring sandwich. Click on the link in our bio for the recipe, and we hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!
CBD Superfood Vegan Hempeh Salad Recipe
- 1/2 package Smiling Hara Salt & Pepper Hempeh, cubed
- 1/3–1/2 medium cucumber, cubed
- 1/4 c. chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp minced celery
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 3/4 c. Vegenaise from Follow Your Heart
- 3 tbsp CBD Superfood Coconut Oil
- Slice hempeh into small cubes.
- In a cast iron pan, sauté cubes on medium heat until they become brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine Vegenaise, CBD Superfood Coconut Oil, garlic, celery, and spices. Mix until well combined.
- Add scallions, hempeh, cucumber, and dried cranberries. Stir until those ingredients are well coated.
- Place hempeh salad on top of butter crunch lettuce for salad, or spread onto toasted bread for a sandwich. Enjoy!