We’re always looking for new ways to enjoy the flavor and benefits of tahini! 😋
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds, which offer a number of health benefits to the body.
Tahini is high in healthy fats and essential amino acids, as well as a wealth of vitamins and minerals including B vitamins, magnesium iron, and copper. It’s iron levels help to prevent anemia, making this a great food to incorporate into the luteal and menstrual phases of one’s moon cycle. Tahini also helps to block excess estrogen, helping to balance hormones during the moon cycle.
We’ve made a lemon tahini sauce to drizzle over these loaded fries, which are enhanced by the rich flavor of @eathempeh Salt & Pepper hempeh!
This is a great recipe to enjoy with friends at a potluck or movie night. Make a small batch for a small group, or a couple batches for a large gathering — either way, these won’t last long!
CBD Superfood Loaded Hempeh Fries with Tahini Drizzle
- 3–4 large white potatoes
- 1 package Salt & Pepper Hempeh from Smiling Hara
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/3 c. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp regular coconut oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. tahini
- 2/3–3/4 c. water (adjust as needed)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1–3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- While oven is preheating, peel potatoes and slice into thin, long slices of equal thickness for the fries.
- Melt coconut oil. In a bowl, mix with oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Coat uncooked fries in oil and spice mixture until evenly coated. Spread into a baking dish.
- When the oven is preheated, cook fries for 25–35 minutes, or until they are crispy and browned. Be sure to mix the fries periodically in the pan.
- While fries are cooking, heat a sauté pan on the stove with 1 tbsp olive oil. Crumble hempeh into the pan and cook on medium heat until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a small dish, mix all ingredients for the tahini sauce. You can adjust the amount of lemon, salt, and pepper for flavor preferences, and adjust the levels of water and olive oil for desired smoothness.
- Place fries on a plate or platter, and crumble hempeh over the top. Drizzle with tahini sauce, sprinkle with parsley, and dig in!