CBD Superfood Polenta and Sautéed Veggies
🌞 Happy #mantramonday friends!
With daylight savings behind us, it’s a good time to focus on the transition into spring. Spring is a time of growth, when the world reawakens from winter and blossoms into warmer seasons. In Appalachia, the mountains will soon come alive with green forests and colorful flowers. 🌱
🌸 We can follow this cycle of growth and awakening in ourselves, too.
Our mantra today is #intention — take some time this evening to make a list of five intentions that you wish to carry out over the next month. Your intentions can range from deepening your relationships to becoming creative with your meal preparations — however your list evolves, these intentions will help you ground into this time of growth.
✨ One of our intentions is to prepare our meals with wholesome ingredients each day to keep our body and spirit nourished. This vegan polenta with sautéed vegetables is a simple and savory delight to eat! Let us know how much you love it.
Vegan Polenta and Sautéed Veggies Recipe
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. almond milk
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill cornmeal
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1–2 tablespoons CBD Superfood Ghee
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 onion
- 1/2 package baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- Chop onion and slice mushrooms.
- Using 1–2 tbsp of olive oil, sauté onions and mushrooms on medium-low heat until they become partially caramelized. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Using cornmeal, water, almond milk, salt, and pepper, prepare polenta in accordance with directions on packaging.
- Remove polenta from heat. Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and CBD Superfood Ghee. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Fill a bowl with a cup of polenta. Top with sautéed veggies and minced parsley. Eat while hot and enjoy!