CBD Superfood Spicy Red Pepper Hummus
It’s always fun to concoct flavorful and complex @cbdsuperfood recipes, but sometimes we like to steer clear of complexity and keep things easy.
On this #gratitudefriday we are feeling grateful for the simple recipes that can carry us through the workweek. 🙏
✨Preparing a few batches of meals ahead of time can be a way to practice self care in two ways: it ensures that you offer your body wholesome foods for nourishment, and alleviates stress by helping you move through your week with organization and ease.
🌶 Our spicy red pepper @cbdsuperfood hummus has helped us enjoy a hearty snack throughout the week. We made a triple batch, pre-chopped a bunch of veggies, and were able to munch on this savory goodness for a few days in a row.
Rather than devoting a lot of energy to meal preparation each day (or leaning on less wholesome foods for the sake of convenience), making this hummus ahead of time allowed us to have energy for other important parts of our lives.
We hope this will help your week progress smoothly, too!
CBD Superfood Spicy Red Pepper Hummus Recipe*
*make one batch for daily enjoyment, or double / triple the batch to have 3–5 days worth of yumminess!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp CBD Superfood Ghee
- 3 tbsp sriracha / hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- (if needed) water
- (if needed) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Slice red pepper into thin strips. Place on a baking sheet and coat with oil, and a touch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers from heat and set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop and place half in a food processor. Set aside the other half.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except for water) to food processor. Mix until all ingredients are well blended and smooth. If needed, add water and / or olive oil in small amounts to make the hummus smoother.
- Remove from food processor and add to bowl. Stir in remaining half of roasted red peppers. Top with olive oil and parsley, chop up your favorite dippers, and enjoy!