At @cbdsuperfood we love crunching on carrots as dippers for hummus or a simple snack, but there are so many ways to enjoy this hearty vegetable.
Carrots are high in carotenoids, which support the body’s wellbeing in a number of different ways!
Eating carrots consistently can help your body maintain low levels of cholesterol, which can in turn prevent future heart disease.
They are rich in vitamin A which can support your eye health by minimizing night blindness and potentially lowering your risk of age-related macular degeneration.
This Thai carrot coconut soup is a great way to reap the benefits of carrots and the possible benefits of CBD while enjoying a delicious, flavorful meal! We recommend making a big #selfcaresunday batch to enjoy for dinner so that you can also have quick meals to heat up throughout the week. Check out our recipe below to make up a batch tonight, and enter our @cbdsuperfood giveaway on Instagram!
4.82 from 147 votes
CBD Superfood Thai Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp regular coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- 1 pound chopped carrots
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 c. veggie stock
- 2 c. water
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 4 tbsp CBD Superfood Coconut Oil
- chopped chives
Tamari Almonds Ingredients:
- 1 c. chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Tamari Almonds Directions*:
- Make first to use as topping
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Once the oven is preheated, spread almonds throughout a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until hot and slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and mix hot almonds with soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Return coated almonds to pan and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pot with 1 tbsp regular coconut oil. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add veggie stock and water and stir.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender (test by cutting a larger piece of carrot in half — it should cut with ease).
- Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and hot sauce to the blender and blend to combine until the mixture becomes even more smooth and creamy. Add CBD Superfood Coconut Oil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For an optional touch of added sweetness, add a tbsp of maple syrup. For a spicier soup, increase the amount of hot sauce to taste. Top with tamari almonds, and enjoy!