Reducing refined sugar doesn’t have to mean getting rid of your favorite treats!
Our @cbdsuperfood Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil offers a way of cooking with chocolate that is free of refined sugar, so you can enjoy the rich flavor of cacao combined with the natural sweetness of coconut sugar!
It also means that you can recreate your favorite chocolate treats in a way that supports your body.
These @cbdsuperfood vegan butterfingers are filled with nourishing ingredients and made crunch with cornflakes — we think they taste even better than the real thing! Click on the link in our bio to get the recipe, and enjoy!
CBD Superfood Vegan Butterfingers
- 1 cup salted peanut butter
- 15 large dates
- 2 1/2 cups corn flake cereal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/4 c vegan chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp @cbdsuperfood Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil
- Soften the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, crush the corn flakes in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside 1/2 cup of corn flakes for garnish.
- Drain the dates and add them to a food processor along with the peanut butter and maple syrup. Process until smooth then transfer to the bowl of corn flakes. Fold the peanut butter mixture into the corn flakes and stir until even.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin or small casserole dish lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to level off the top.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. When the peanut butter is firm, remove them from the tin and cut them into bars. This recipe makes either eight large candy bars or 16 mini bars.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan. If it thickens too much, add a few tablespoons of water, coconut oil, or non-dairy milk to thin it out. Remove from heat and add CBD Superfood Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil.
- Carefully coat each candy bar in chocolate and top with sprinkled corn flake pieces. Freeze again for a few hours or overnight. Enjoy fresh out of the freezer!