It’s Daylight Savings today! 🌞
Daylight Savings is always an exciting reminder that we have turned the corner on cold winter days and are finally heading into spring!
With longer days and more sun, we know our forests and mountains will soon become alive with greenery and colorful blooms. 🌱🌸🌻
Despite this joyful foreshadowing, shifting our daytime schedule ahead by an hour can throw off our routines for a few days.
It is important to continue eating nourishing foods, and can be helpful to balance out fatigue from the change in routine by relying on recipes that are quick and easy to prepare.
This CBD Superfood vegan sushi roll takes ten minutes to make, and is full of plant-based nutrients to keep your body and mind feeling strong. Enjoy this simple recipe below, and head to Instagram to enter our #selfcaresunday giveaway below for a chance to win a superfood product for you and a friend!
CBD Superfood Vegan Sushi Roll Recipe
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 1/2 avocado
- shitakke mushroom
- sticky rice
- nori sheets
- 2–3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp CBD Superfood Coconut Oil
- dash of sriricha
- sesame seeds
- Cook sticky rice on the stove according to package directions. Allow rice to cool.
- While rice is cooling, cut sweet potato into long, thick strips. Boil in water for 10 minutes, or until sweet potato is soft but holds its shape.
- Once rice and potato have cooled, slice carrot into very thin strips. Slice avocado into long thin pieces.
- Lay a nori sheet on the table. Layer with sticky rice. Add carrot slices, a piece of sweet potato, avocado slices, and shitakke mushrooms. Roll into a roll shape and seal with a touch of water.
- Slice roll into small pieces, about an inch in width.
- In a small bowl, stir soy sauce, CBD Superfood Coconut Oil, and sriracha together. Sprinkle everything with sesame seeds, and enjoy!