CBD Superfood x Smiling Hara Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs
Versatility is a priority in our @cbdsuperfood products.
That’s why we are so in love with the delicious flavors of hempeh from @eathempeh and @hempeplantprotein — each flavor is individually delectable and also creates a protein-rich base for hundreds of delicious recipes that you can enjoy!
By rolling up some hempeh-filled “meatballs,” we’ve created a vegan twist to spaghetti and meatballs that is just as flavorful as the original.
The perfect alignment of hempeh and herbs adds a salty, Italian flair, and each bite is crispy on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside.
While we create as many homemade goodies as possible, sometimes we lean into beloved brands for pieces of our meals. For a final touch, this spaghetti bowl is doused in @newmansown organic marinara sauce and sprinkled with fresh parsley. Head to the link in our bio to check out the recipe for this pasta bowl, and we hope you’ll serve it up for a yummy weekend dinner!
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 batch flax egg (we like Minimalist Baker’s recipe)
- 1 package Smiling Hara Asian Miso Ginger Hempeh
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup vegan breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 c. vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1 jar Newman’s Own Organic Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Chop and mince all vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients except for 1/3 c. vegan breadcrumbs in a bowl. Use your hands to mix until hempeh breaks apart and all filling ingredients combine well. If the mixture feels too wet, sprinkle extra nutritional yeast and bread crumbs until it reaches your desired texture (it should be somewhat moist).
- Line a small bowl with the additional breadcrumbs.
- Roll filling into balls, and roll each ball in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure that all sides are partially browned.
- While meatballs are baking, boil water and boil pasta until it is al dente.
- Combine pasta, meatballs, and sauce in pan, and transfer to a plate or bowl. Enjoy!